Sunday, October 09, 2011

The 32-week old preemie

Today I visited a client of mine who gave birth by c-section to a 32-week gestation preemie.  Patient's BP had begun to sky-rocket and she was seriously retaining fluid.  When she went in for her routine visit on Thursday, they decided that baby would probably be safer out than in.

Baby weighed 2 lbs, and 13 oz and is now in a incubator but doing well ...for a 32-week preemie.  Mother and baby are doing kagaroo-care and all is well in terms of the bond taking place. 

Mom old me when I visited that her milk is beginning to come in and she is pumping every few hours.  Of course I took her my "Lullabies for Mother-Baby Bonding" and she was so excited about learning these lullabies to sing as well as playing the CD for babies calming and sleeping needs!  If you haven't gotten this CD or download yet, be sure click on the link on this page and order yours now!

No comments: