Thursday, April 05, 2007

Dr. Cash Speaks to OB-GYN Staff in NYC

Today I had the great pleasure of speaking at Lutheran Medical Center in Brooklyn, NY. The staff there was warm and welcoming to me and received the information on music with pregnancy, preemies and newborns enthusiastically! My topic was "The Importance of Music with Pregnancy, Preemies, and Newborns." The residents, nurses, doctors, and guests asked great questions and shared personal stories that greatly enhanced the hour. I talked a little more than I expected to about the work of Jayne Standley and her musical pacifier which plays music when a preemie sucks on it, thus reinforcing the baby's desire to suck and resulting in faster weight gain and faster discharge from the NICU.
I'll write more about this in the days to come. Please feel free to write in your questions!

No comments: